Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Roller Rant

Ok, I have a problem with Belgium.

once upon a time there was a guy who was Belgian and decided to invent the rollerskate. Great invention Belgian dude! May many years go by and somehow rollerskating is a very teeeeeny tiny sport in Belgium.
Ok fine. I can sort of live with that even though I would totally be joining a roller derby team right now if I lived in the states still. So I cant be a derby girl, I can at least go to a roller rink and skate around, recapturing my youth, right? WRONG! I've done search upon search with the yellow pages, white pages, regular google web pages and NOTHING. There is one inline skating club but who cares about inline skates! Those are stupid, ugly and ghetto and where do they practice? Where does one go if they are Belgian and interested in roller skating????? How does this country function?!

I'm irritated.

No comments: